It Looked Like Spilt Milk

Here's an oldie, but a goodie for this week's #FlannelFriday! It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw. This is a simple story that would be great for a beginning librarian to make the pieces and learn how to tell stories. I also made a scroll story version once upon a time.


Text is from the picture book (still in print!), and I think this is a story that every library should have, so if you don't own it, please purchase it!

When I do this story, I make sure to leave a long, dramatic pause so the kids can shout out what they think the image is. Some of them are easier than others. The ice cream cone has given me all sorts of great answers (everything from South America to bird poop) and some kids have even called out "MICHIGAN!" when the mitten is up. So the local elementary geography teachers must be doing something right.


Comments

  1. Love. What a great reminder for this book. Someone on staff did this with the shadow screen. Great large shapes on a stick. I agree that many people don't know/have forgotten this story time gem! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this book today in "Blue" storytime! I love your flannel pieces though.

    I'm impressed that you kids are naming continents and states as guesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm introducing a story time for four and five year olds this summer, and I think this will be the perfect thing to try with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment