The Big-Hearted Elephant

In honor of the wedding I am attending tomorrow, here's a lovey-dovey flannel board for all you romantics out here. It's called "The Big-Hearted Elephant" and it is an original Valentine's Day story. After what feels like forever searching, I finally found the source of this story! It is from Holiday Hoopla by Kathy Darling. The book is long out of print, but used copies are available on Amazon or you might be able to ILL a copy.

I'd advise anyone attempting this poem to have one person manipulate the flannel board pieces and another read the words. It is quite long, and you don't want to lose the rhythm fumbling with the pieces. This is one of the first felt stories I ever made (I think it was the 2nd) and it shows in the execution.

Don't forget to stop by Sharon's blog for this week's Flannel Friday roundup. Previous roundups are here.

Comments